About UsAn overview of our Guild
Essendon Quilters Inc. (EQI) was formed in 1989 with the aims of:
- Promoting the art and craft of patchwork and quilting throughout the community.
- Promoting a high standard of workmanship and creative design in all aspects of quilt making from traditional to contemporary treatments.
- Providing and promoting developmental and educational programs to enhance our knowledge and skills
At the inaugural meeting held on Wednesday 8 February 1989, thirty-one ladies were in attendance. The outcome of this meeting led to the formation of Essendon Quilters’ and a statement of the aims of the group was devised:
Our aim is to come together once monthly to share our love of quilting and to further the art of quilting in our area. To meet new friends, swap ideas and learn from our fellow quilters. To achieve this we need input from every-one, so please come forward with your ideas. Eventually when our group is more financial our hope is to run specialty workshops and have speakers at our meetings. ( Minutes of the first meeting )
Essendon Quilters was officially incorporated on 24 July 1990.
We are a non-profit organisation incorporated in Victoria. Funds generated by the Guild are used to fulfil our educational and charitable goals.
The aim of our meetings is to promote friendship and education and to provide technical demonstrations and inspiration through sharing one another’s work.
To assist our members, Essendon Quilters Inc. holds both a day and a night meeting each month. Meetings take place at:
The Masonic Hall
840 Mt. Alexander Rd.
Moonee Ponds (near the corner of Buckley Street)
Check our events calendar for details of the next meeting - Monthly Meeting Calendar
- Day meetings take place on the third Wednesday of the month between 10.00 am and 3.00 pm (except January).
- Night meetings are held on the third Wednesday of the month between 7.00 pm and 9.30 pm.
Members are encouraged to bring along their current project to work on and a mug (tea and coffee are provided). Day meeting members also bring their lunch. Show and tell is conducted during both the day and night meetings.