Membershipdiscover the advantages of EQI membership...
Our aim is to promote the art and craft of patchwork and quilting throughout the community. We encourage quilters to participate in our Guild activities as members.
There are many reasons to be a member of EQI. We offer:
- Regular meetings to share your love of quilting
- Day Meeting: Third Wednesday of the month, 10.00 am - 3.00 pm, February to December.
- Evening Sit and Sew: Fourth Wednesday of the month, 7.00 pm - 9.30 pm, January to November.
- Venue: Essendon Masonic Centre, 840 Mt Alexander Road, Moonee Ponds, Melbourne, Australia.
- Regular eNews sharing information and members patchwork quilting
- Guest Speakers, covering a wide range of topics
- Pop-up Shops at some of our meetings
- Access to our well-stocked library of books, patterns, magazines, stencils, template sets and other equipment. Borrowing is available on both day and night meetings. View our online Catalogue here.
- Regular workshops on traditional and contemporary methods and techniques of patchwork and quilting
- Members Plus Workshops: Friends and visitors welcome to participate
- Show and Tell of members work at meetings to inspire and delight
- An archive of a monthly newsletter called The Connecting Thread, which details information on all past EQI activities *Archives available to Members Only
- A Biennial Exhibition of members work. This is a major calendar event for members
- Attend our Annual Retreat to Castlemaine
- Bus trips to exhibitions, shops and other delightful places
- Our own Quilt-In, which is open to members and visitors every alternate year to our Exhibition. This event usually includes a special Guest Speaker, challenge competitions, show and tell, pop-up shops and delicious morning and afternoon tea
- A Website, including a members section that provides up-to-date information about EQI activities
- Opportunities to volunteer your time and skills to make quilts for those in need within our community through the Quilts for Others program
- We are a member of the Victorian Quilters Inc., which provides an important link to State, National and international news and events
Visitors are most welcome and may attend two free meetings prior to joining EQI.
Current annual membership fees are $45.00, due October 1st, and the current meeting attendance fee is $5.00